Delinquent Records was formed in 1994 with the release of Marc LaFrance's first solo album, "Out Of Nowhere", produced by Paul Dean of Loverboy. The label has since grown to represent a roster of over 100 artists for international release and licensing. Delinquent has had considerable success at obtaining such licenses (Master, Sync, Film /TV, Video game placements and Territory deals). Some of the labels we have worked with include Sony Music Canada, Escape Music Ltd, MusiConsult, Edel Portugal, Love Cat Music, Luke Records, Shoreline Records, Music Avenue, Planet Entertainment and Shock Music Publishing.
Label president, Marc LaFrance has been involved in the music industry for over 3 decades and is a well known and highly regarded industry professional. He has extensive experience and expertise in all facets of music marketing and production. He has performed as a drummer and singer on over 100 albums, and countless sessions and live performances. Some of his past and present accomplishments include:
- Recorded with a vast array of prominent artists including Canadian groups Crowcuss, Chilliwack, Payolas, Loverboy and Glass Tiger and international stars such as Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Cher, Carly Simon, Blue Murder, The Cult, David Lee Roth, Scorpions and many others.
- Served as a board member of the Vancouver Musicians' Association local 145 (American Federation of Musicians).
- Past president of the Pacific Music Industry Association as well as being a board member
- Past member of the National Advisory Board for FACTOR (Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Record). Music Supervisor for the cartoon/multi-media project Cackleberries.
- Marc's Kidsongz project wrote and produced over 100 tracks for Scholastic Books, one of the largest book publishers in North America. The music is part of a kindergarten through grade 6 educational book/CD that is used nation wide in Canada.
- Sang on several tracks for the internationally renowned Guitar Hero video game.
- When not conducting business for his record label and working for Cackleberries Inc., and Scholastic Books, Marc continues to play, sing and travel internationally with Randy Bachman, his own bands Cease & Desist and the tribute act Atlantic Crossing.